Here are few tips for lightweight backpacking:
- Prepare the list of items required for traveling. Include all the items in the list which are required for smooth traveling. Then it depends on you to choose the items which are lightweight and make another list to delete the items which are quite heavy for the journey. Some items are unavoidable and take lot of space so it's better to keep the mandatory items first.
- Packing of backpack depends on the type of journey you are embarking. If you are traveling to the destinations for adventure like mountaineering, trekking, hiking etc then lightweight of your backpack is most important. You cannot move on your way if the weight of the backpack is heavy. Travelers have to make the weight of the backpack for walking properly without much burden.
- It is better to collect the information about the weather conditions prevailing in the destination place. You can plan according to the weather conditions. It is better to keep the essential items which can help you to survive in the extreme conditions. Keeping extra items without collecting the weather details is useless.
- It is not necessary to keep the things of your luxury. You can keep all basic essential items which cannot be left behind at home. If you have listed all the basic items then start putting extra belongings in your backpack. You should avoid heavy gadgets and laptop in your backpack. You can adjust without luxurious items during journey but heavy backpack can spoil your journey.
- You should not forget to keep the things for eating and water container. There is no need to keep utensils which can make your backpack heavy. Select the items which can reduce your burden. If you are aware that there is no problem of water on the way then you can avoid keeping of water.